Wednesday, June 13 | 12:45 - 2:00 p.m. | Americas Seminar Room
Attend one of the hottest gatherings of the year—the ODTUG Kscope18 Women in Technology (WIT) Event, held on Wednesday, June 13, at 12:45 p.m. Join both women and men in a meaningful experience that sheds light on WIT issues and solutions. We'll engage with each other in a scenario-based format sparked by unique and controversial topics voted on by YOU! Each table will have a chance to comment on a personal (and anonymous) story submitted by one of our WIT members.
Based on feedback from last year's event, we have updated the discussion topics to include what YOU want to chat about, including:
- Helping each other in a mostly male-dominated field
- Leveraging emerging technologies (e.g. AI, automation, and lifestyle apps) for better work/life balance
- Finding resources for professional and personal development (e.g. Meetups, professional groups, newsletters, books, etc.)
- Organizing company events that are more gender-inclusive (not just happy hours or golf)
- Finding what the #MeToo movement means for the future of Women in Technology
- Negotiating for equal pay: how to know what you want and get what you deserve
- Handling conflict and confrontation with tact and finesse
Lunch will be provided at this event, and space is limited. Pre-registration is required, so click here to sign up. We hope to see you there!
Do you have a personal workplace gender equality story? Chances are, you're not alone. Use the WIT Event as a platform to help someone. Email Minie Parikh at firstname.lastname@example.org to weave your anonymous experience into the event.