Gary Crisci was first introduced to ODTUG’s Kscope by Tim Tow and Edward Roske five years ago. This encounter lead to him being asked to give a presentation on MDX and has evolved into 5 years of participation as an ODTUG volunteer and current Kscope Vendor Chair. Below is a snippet of Gary’s observations on how Kscope has grown over the past five years. For Gary’s full story please read his blog post ODTUG KScope comes full circle for me in New Orleans.
“KScope has come a long way in five years and it is fun to look back on such a successful history. What is even more fun is thinking about the future and what it will be like in another five years. I am very excited to be returning to New Orleans this June.
- Five years ago we had a single track in one room, there are now seven tracks in EPM/BI plus five other tracks in the traditional Oracle space.
- Five years ago the Hyperion track was about Essbase alone, today we cover multiple EPM products including Essbase, Planning, HFM, and tracks focused on business use cases.
- Five years ago the vendor expo floor was a small room with a couple of kiosks, today the vendor expo is a force to be reckoned with.
- One of the main highlights of the conference the expo floor has grown to include all the major players in the space as well as the niche players who bring their unique personalized solutions for all to experience. With over 30 Exhibitors and sponsors, the expo floor has become the cornerstone of the conference experience.
- Five years ago, we had only a handful of presenters, today we have so many more each with unique valuable experiences they are looking to share.
- We had more abstract submissions this year then ever and the content processing teams worked through a tremendous effort to select the best of the best.
- Five years ago we only had lectures, today we also have hand on labs that get attendees in front of the software and learning skills by doing not just listening.
To see Kscope13’s content please click here and select your topic of interest.